Updates on the painting


           For the area behind the leaves, I layed in a diluted wash of pthalo blue, the green of the leaves and indian yellow at the center on dry paper. Fill the brush completely with the paint pixture  to avoid  streaks when you are working on dry paper, especially for washes. Dropped in some stronger greens in the wet wash at the base of the fence and towards the right to simulate plant growth.   

background , grapes and robin


              The fence is a mixture of indian yellow, red madder dark and Lukas burnt sienna. The vertical slats were done after the horizontal ones were fully dry. Masked a few thin lines for the string like growth on the top and sides of the trees. After the masking had dried, I wet the areas of the tree trunks and dropped in a mixture of burnt sienna and a bit of pthalo blue, also a bit of red madder dark. I softened the edges with a damp brush so that there are no hard lines showing. Layed in some pale colors for the walls, dry brushing in some places.      

fence and tree etc


            For the leaves on the grape vine, I used sap green, indian yellow and pthalo blue, also a slight bit of the red, wetting the areas first and dropping in the colors. The chest of the robin is a vivid orange color, for the first layer I put in an orange made of indian yellow and red madder dark. The grapes were done individually, dampening the circle and stroking in colors taking care to leave a highlight towards the top. 

first layers for grape vine


                     The next layer is done after the first one had dried, with the same colors, only stronger.

second layers for grape vine and robin